If there is one thing we do really well here at Sowelu Wellness, it is Detox Programs.
Many of you may have tried different types of detox methods in the past and some of you may have had not so great results or even some nasty side effects. Others may have found it hard to stick to and given up before you started to see the results.
Why should you detox? Detoxification is a natural metabolic process right, I’m detoxifying right now, in fact, so are you.
So why is it important to do a detoxification program?
Our bodies are designed to be able to remove and process toxins via our digestive system, kidneys and liver. However we all vary in our level of exposure to toxins (toxin burden), our ability to clear those toxins (toxin resistance) and therefore our symptomatic reaction to those toxins. The word ‘toxin’ refers to any substance that has potential to interfere with ‘normal’ cellular function.
Your toxin burden can be from dietary toxins like food additives; colours, flavours and preservatives, gluten, alcohol and refined sugars or environmental and lifestyle toxins such as chemicals in cosmetics and cleaning products, cigarettes, herbicides and pesticides.
Toxins can even be created internally when waste products aren’t properly excreted via the bowels.
Toxin resistance relates to your ability to process and eliminate toxins effectively and refers to the impact this has on your health.
Some signs you may have impaired toxin resistance include:
- Lethargy or unstable energy levels
- Bloating, constipation or diarrhoea
- Muscular aches and pains
- Poor short term memory and lack of concentration
- Allergies and sensitivities
- Depression, anxiety and / or mood swings
- Skin break outs
- Hormonal imbalances and irregular periods.
When detoxing there are 4 key therapeutic goals:
1. Reduce Dietary toxins: Following a ‘clean’ eating plan and avoiding common toxins and allergens such as gluten, dairy, alcohol and caffeine. This is where organic juice cleanses, like Bodhi Cleanse can be most beneficial, it’s a great way to remove all dietary toxins and kick start your new healthy eating plan.
2. Improve detox capacity: Support the eliminatory organs – the liver, gut and kidneys.
3. Neutralise free radicals: utilise antioxidants and protect against potentially harmful free radicals. A live blood screening can show your level of free radical exposure.
4. Eliminate waste product: if you’re not clearing the waste, you’re recirculating it.
Thinking maybe you need some detox support? Make an appointment and start your personal detox plan today!