Sowelu Wellness is a team of Adelaide based Naturopaths with a particular interest in gut and liver health, hormonal balancing, detoxification support and Children's Health.
Many of our clients are young women and at Sowelu Wellness we really feel that when you treat the gut, support detoxification and balance hormones true wellness follows.
Karina helps many patients suffering from:
- Hormonal imbalances (Symptoms include: PMT, heavy, irregular, or painful menstruation, acne, mood swings, menopausal symptoms, headaches, and migraines)
- Excess weight gain/loss, fluid retention
- Insomnia and sleep problems
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Digestive disorders such as constipation, diarrhoea, bloating and flatulence.
- Low immunity (acute conditions such as urinary tract infections, to chronic conditions such as chronic fatigue)
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis
Ashlee is our passionate Pediatric care Naturopath, helping with children's health concerns from:
- Eczema, dermatitis and skin conditions
- Recurring ear infections, sinus infections and tonsillitis
- Low Immunity
- Pre and post Vaccine support
- Behavioural and Developmental disorders
At Sowelu Wellness, your initial consult is what we call a fact-finding session. Here we spend around 45 minutes going over everything about you.
You will be required to answer questions about your current health and symptoms, including your goals, diet, past medical history and your family’s medical history.
We will use this to get you started on some diet and lifestyle changes to alleviate any current symptoms. If you have any relevant blood test results, scans or ultra sound reports it is useful to bring them with you to the first consult. Similarly if you are taking any medication or supplements please write down the name of the product, the brand and the dose.
The next appointment is called your testing appointment. There are a few tests we always do - including a comprehensive in-house blood screening.
If required, further testing such as IgG Food intolerance tests, functional pathology or urine hormone testing may be performed. Please note additional testing may incur an additional fee.
From here we look at the reports from all the tests and talk about four things: what’s happening, why it is happening, what we are going to do and how we are going to do it. You will get a written program outlining the next six weeks of treatment. We will discuss initial diet and lifestyle changes as well as any required supplementation, because at Sowelu Wellness we believe in treating the underlying cause not just masking the symptoms. Therefore, treatment is usually broken down into multiple steps.
Follow up consults are necessary even if you are feeling better after the first consult. This is because treatment is a process.
While symptomatically you may be feeling relieved, one consult is not enough time to treat the cause.
The first consult is about bringing you some relief and starting to improve your diet and lifestyle, while your follow up consults are about healing and activating the multiple areas of your body that may be under stress or working ineffectively and have therefore brought on these symptoms. Follow up consults are also about changing your habits bit by bit.